Modatek Systems is an automotive Tier 1, Tier 2 supplier of modular engine cradle and twist axle assemblies. Our primary technologies include hydro-forming, weld assemblies, machining and E-coat paint systems. We are a growing division of Cosma, Magna International and are conveniently located in Milton, directly off the 401 at Highway#25. Our facility is 570,000 square feet.
|The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for conducting pre-placement medicals, co-ordinating medical monitoring programs, co-ordinating return to work programs, and providing first aid.
- Coordinates return to work programs and follows up on progress
- Conducts pre-placement medicals and fork lift medicals
- Provides first aid for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses
- Coordinates medical monitoring programs - audiometric test, vision tests, fork lift driver periodic assessments, immunizations and respirator fitness tests
- Coordinates STD, LTD and WSIB disability claims
- Coordinates the Early Safe Return to Work Program
- Promotes team member wellness programs
- Supports Health and Safety, Environment and Human Resources Team Members
- Liaises with leadership regarding Team Member's status of absence and progress on modified work
- Perform other duties as required
What we are looking for
- Successful candidates must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
- Works in a medical office supporting the plant and office
- May be exposed to infectious diseases during the administration of duties
What you can expect from us
- A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together.
- You will be provided with up-to-date training & knowledge.
- Staff appreciation events.
- An environment that focuses on Modatek's Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.