This position includes the understanding and management of all internal and external tools and dies, and all purchased components (ie. sub-assemblies, stampings, castings, fasteners, etc.)
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet's Visions/Values through Magna's Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Work in a safe, organized, effective, efficient and proactive manner.
- Support and follow the Cosma Program Management Process (CPMP)
- Supports FEC Procedure with specific outline responsibilities.
- Travels to customer's/vendor's location to investigate quality concerns; tooling build process, and buyoffs.
- Deals swiftly with all external and internal customers concerns.
- Provides Engineering assistance during customer build events.
- Ensure that customer dates are met or exceeded for each aspect on the program or flags any issues that may change program timing in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinates product specific actions to resolve quality issues.
- Coordinates and assists in activities for successful attainment of customer quality milestones.
- Participates as required in all ISO14001 and ISO/TS16949 activities such as PFMEA and APQP incentives and facilitates all cross-functional reviews.
- Must be capable of handling projects from inception to completion.
- Prepares reports, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects.
- Provide product design direction based on part manufacturability.
- Oversee tool build/design and recommend changes.
- Assists in audits with customer as needed.
- Assists in prototype part procurement where needed.
- Assist in vendor evaluation, selection, tooling/product and follow-up.
- Prepares report, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects.
- Ensure all products are built to the correct engineering level (i.e. correct CAD files, facilitate buy-offs, create visuals as required, etc.).
- Provide product design direction based on part manufacturability and feedback of build issues.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Knowledge and Education
- Engineering Degree/Diploma or hold Certificate of Qualifications as a Tool & Die Maker.
- Must have 3 years stamping and associated trouble shooting experience.
- Office and Manufacturing Environments
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.