You are a builder, an adventurer, a problem solver. You think in terms of smarter, cleaner, safer, lighter. And always better. It's who you are.
Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International located in Milton. At Magna, world-class manufacturing meets vision in an effort to lead the future. We create innovative solutions. From start to finish. From imagination to engineering to building.
To champion the design, build, and development of the assembly processes required to assemble front and rear cradles, twist axles, links and control arms for our customers. Also, champions the prototype process to prove out the assembly process of the previously listed products.
What you will focus on:
- Handling small scale projects from inception to completion (timing, concept, feasibility, design, construction, try-out, launch, final buy-off (PPAP and run at rate), prototype programs, and engineering changes) with continuous follow-up by leadership.
- Conducting appropriate Manpower efficiency studies - through time and motion studies or standard data (MOST is the Modatek standard). Line balancing manpower, machine charts and analysis
- Preparing reports, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects
- Working with all departments and customers to design solutions that improve production efficiency, ergonomics, safety and maintenance related issues
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Assisting in developing material handling logistics (i.e. Aisle layout, bin placement, dunnage assists, etc.)
- Reviewing, monitoring and co-ordinating tooling design, build, approval process and capital budgets
- Supervising equipment relocation and installation to Modatek
- Assisting in setting up preventative maintenance program for new equipment
- Assisting in resolving quality concerns
- Reviewing, co-ordinating and implementing all customer approved engineering changes, including part level communication updates, physical part update, process sheet update, physical tooling change, etc
- Knowing and understanding process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to this job function
What we are looking for:
- Engineering Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or Trades Certification with equivalent experience in Assembly, Tooling and Design
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Practical experience in costing and quoting
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience with CAD (preferably AutoCAD)
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Appropriate presentation skills for customer interface
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
What you can expect from us:
- A great work experience
- You will be provided with up to date training & knowledge in current automotive
- Extended Health Benefits
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP with employer match
- Educational reimbursement program
- Staff appreciation events
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request