Presstran Industries, a division of Magna International located in St. Thomas, Ontario, has developed an enviable reputation as a supplier to the automotive industry known for the high quality of its product and the excellence of its service. Presstran's lines of automotive stampings and welding assemblies are used in front motor compartments, underbody structures, truck frame components and front and rear suspensions as well as non-automotive applications
The Electrician is responsible for carrying out installation, repairs, troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrading of electrical components, wiring, and equipment as required to minimize downtime and maintain or improve efficiency.
1. Repairs/replaces/maintains/installs electrical components, wiring and electrical equipment and/or plant fixtures (including programming and troubleshooting).
2. Locates/determines reasons for electrical failure.
3. Completes PMs as assigned by Supervisor
4. Participates in the training of apprentices as assigned by a supervisor.
5. Follow plant lockout procedure.
6. Insures all guards including panel doors are in place.
7. Uses proper safety equipment on aerial work platforms or above 9 feet.
8. Assist other maintenance trades as required.
9. Uses Maintenance Reliability Manager Maintenance Program.
Knowledge and Education
1. Current Industrial Electrician license.
2. Equivalent to completion of community college or specialized trade courses up to 2 academic years.
3. Industrial experience considered an asset, especially the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
4. Own tools required.
5. Skill gained by experience - over 1 year and including 2 years.
6. Ability to work all three shifts.
Skills and Competencies
EQUIPMENT and/or PRODUCT FAMILIARITY: Equipment: Various hand tools, various meters, drill press, benders, threader, manlift, forklift, crane, T3. Product: Various conduit, miscellaneous electrical fittings, lighting fixtures, receptacles, various motors, control panels. Software: RS LOGIX 5, RS LOGIX 500, PANELBUILDER, RS View, Indramat Visual Motion
The Electrician carries out work orders/directives, using written/graphic/verbal instructions, provided by the supervisor/leadhand. The Electrician also carries out requests by department supervisors on off shifts where no maintenance supervisor is available. The Electrician requires good communication skills to exchange/collect information. The position may require the incumbent to work in confined/awkward positions with exposure to elements such as noise/temperature/heights. The incumbent generally provides their own tools as necessary to perform duties.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Magna International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.