This position is for Formet Industries a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Formet Industries is a division of Magna International Inc.; a leading global supplier of technologically advanced automotive systems, components and complete modules. As the most diversified automotive components supplier in the world, Magna designs, engineers, and manufactures a complete range of exterior and interior vehicle systems. Magna's customers, the major automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), recognize the Company for its innovative technology and product design and total vehicle program management.
Area Leader who provides instruction, guidance and leadership to employees by assisting in solving day to day problems and advance planning, utilizing the Magna Employee Charter while implementing policies, procedures and objectives of the company.
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet's Visions/Values through Magna's Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Report to senior leadership on departmental KPI's.
- Travel as required to customers/vendors to investigate quality concerns; tooling build process and any commercial issues.
- Act on behalf of Department Leader and Assistant Department Leader in their absence.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with customers in addition to all functional areas of the plant.
- Promote, encourage and practice teamwork activities.
- Promote, encourage and practice continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Plan and direct the utilization of manpower to achieve the most effective results.
- Be responsible and accountable for meeting Formet and departmental policies and objectives.
- Develop, update and administer training plans for each job specification as necessary.
- Develop, update and administer a formal and informal performance appraisal program as necessary for all direct reports.
- Support Team Member career planning initiatives thereby ensuring succession planning and advancement opportunities.
- Manage proper work coverage during Team Member absences by use of cross training and teamwork.
- Supervise technical and non-technical employees in accordance with the principles of the Employee Charter and the policies/procedure set out in the Formet Handbook.
- Administers disciplinary actions in accordance with the Progressive Disciplinary Process and seeks support from Department Leader and/or Human Resources where necessary.
- Participates as required in all ISO14001/ISO/TS16949 activities such as PFMEA and APQP initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of customer's products, specifications, and processing parameters.
- Research new or different equipment and technologies for future competitiveness.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional manner consistent with the positive leadership practices of building trust, empowerment, competitiveness, and personal responsibility.
- Conduct workplace safety inspections.
- Conduct safety talks and communicate safety bulletins.
- Train Team Members on specific job hazards.
- Facilitate Accident and Incident Investigations.
- Enforce safety rules and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Ensure that the roles and responsibilities of Team Members are carried out with accuracy, professionalism and success through the use of both leadership and management methods.
- Ensure that customer management and new business quoting are supported and executed.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during implementation of engineering changes, capacity reviews, quality concerns, etc.
- Perform other duties as designated.
PROGRAM MANAGER AREA LEADER SPECIFIC
- Manage Formet's portfolio of programs in accordance to timing, budget, delivery and quality, ensuring all requirements are met.
Knowledge and Education
- Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education. This combined with five years of related leadership experience in the engineering area.
- Program Manager Area Leader: High level of expertise in Program Management, with ability to train and mentor current Program Management Team.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR PRODUCT:
- Standard Office Equipment
- Office and Manufacturing Environments
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING:
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A.
- Follow and ensure the company's procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to Formet's safety rules and regulations.
- Active role in maintaining excellent housekeeping through leading by example.
- Ensure that your department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
- As with Safety, Security is everyone's responsibility and Formet requires its employees to contribute to this activity by immediately notifying your supervisor when you identify security issues that affect the integrity of our supply chain, in accordance with PIP (Partners in Protection) and C-TPAT (Customs - Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) requirements.
- Follow environmental protocol as prescribed by the Environmental Management System (EMS).
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.