Methanex is currently seeking a Lead Process Engineer to join the team in Medicine Hat on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Manager, Technical, you will provide direction, guidance, and mentorship to a team of process engineers who collaboratively provide effective process and technical input to Production and Project personnel. You will focus on achieving operational excellence that meets budget goals and improves plant performance while minimizing risks to people, equipment, and the environment.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading, supervising and overseeing the development of a team of Process Engineers through one-on-one coaching and mentorship
- Collaborating with the Production group and making recommendations for process changes to achieve established targets related to production tonnage, plant energy efficiency and plant outages
- Monitoring the performance of individual plant equipment, including catalyst, turbines and compressors, heat exchangers, and distillation, and making recommendations for equipment maintenance or replacement to improve performance
- Supporting the development of plant operating procedures
- Informing the development of the annual budget with emphasis on production rates and energy efficiency
- Providing process engineering support and input for plant change requests and major capital projects, including operational changes, improvements, and justifications for change
- Leading or participating in safety audits of the facility, Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) of existing facilities and new projects, root cause investigations of incidents and identifying corrective actions
- Participating as an integral member of the site reliability team and global process team
To qualify for this role, you will have an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, accompanied by a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation through the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). You will also have 10-15 years of relevant process engineering experience in a natural gas based chemical plant or a similar industrial environment, as well as previous supervisory experience leading teams and mentoring engineers.
In addition, you will also demonstrate:
- Experience with Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) and root cause analysis, both as a participant and a leader
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Process Modelling software, such as Aspen HYSYS, as well as the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Strong business acumen and an exceptional ability to analyze data and trends
Building on our core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, our corporate culture encourages communication and teamwork and rewards employees for creativity and innovation. We are also very active in supporting educational and training/development initiatives. We sponsor scholarships and co-op programs at local colleges and universities as well as hands-on training programs at our manufacturing facilities.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect an industry competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- Incentive bonus plan;
- 4 weeks paid vacation;
- Medical/Dental plan;
- Pension plan and optional Share purchasing plan;
- Regular social events;
- Possible relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Join this thriving and team focused market leader today and expand your experience with a new challenge - Apply Now!
Please submit your application online at www.applyfirst.ca/job87721