Presstran Industries, a division of Magna International located in St. Thomas, Ontario, has developed an enviable reputation as a supplier to the automotive industry known for the high quality of its product and the excellence of its service. Presstran's lines of automotive stampings and welding assemblies are used in front motor compartments, underbody structures, truck frame components and front and rear suspensions as well as non-automotive applications
The Engineering Coordinator-Quality is required to work with all departments on the development of new products in order to meet customer and TS-16949 requirements. This includes all quality related aspects of PPAP, prototype and ongoing product development
1. Act as a champion/decision maker for quality related issues within the scope of responsibility
2. Maintain a thorough understanding of customer product and engineering specifications.
3. Leads all program launch activities from the quality perspective.
4. Coordinates tasks/responsibilities to Quality coordinators, lead hands and technicians.
5. Train and mentor quality coordinators, Lead Hands and Technicians as required. (Customer requirements, etc.)
6. Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
7. Works with Presstran personnel on APQP and cross functional teams on the development of new and existing components to meet critical customer deadlines.
8. Implements new procedures and processes in prototype stages of product launches in compliance with customer specific requirements.
9. Coordinates, prepare and implement new program fixture build cost, timing and quality, to meet customer and Presstran standards.
10. Actively participates in the development of PFMEA's
11. Review problem reports and responses with resolutions to ensure there will be no recurrence.
12. Evaluates dimensional issues and develop appropriate SC's and/or CCs on new programs in conjunction with the project co-ordinator and/or customer.
13. Liaises between customers, Q.A., Engineering, Manufacturing and subcontractors.
14. Plans and prepares PPAP submissions on new products and engineering changes to meet customer deadlines and customer specific requirements (PSO and Run @ Rate)
15. Maintains a high level of confidentiality while managing customer sensitive documents and data that drives process and product changes
16. Develops and maintains Q.A. Control Plan Package documentation and procedures.
17. Evaluates quality issues utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques, CAD, statistics and GD&T as required.
18. Assists in TS-16949 and ISO14000 implementation and compliance.
19. Performs statistical studies and report data as required.
20. Microsoft Office, Windows, databases, spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, etc.
21. Conducts themselves in a professional manner when receiving or giving feedback/information, whether it is positive or constructive.
22. Follows and complies with all operational procedures/policies as stated in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environmental programs (eg. TS16949, ISO14001).
23. Required to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the OHSA. Follows and ensures the Company's procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout their assigned area.
24. Takes pride in keeping their work area clean and tidy.
25. Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
1. Post-secondary graduate with a technical degree.
2. At least 5 years of automotive, Q.A. and/or quality Coordinator experience.
3. Computer and CAD proficiency is required.
4. Prior experience implementing TS-16949 procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA's , Control Plans, Statistics, Fixture Development and independent work with tooling subcontractors.
5. Strong communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, Vernier, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, etc)
7. Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques including Drill Deep, 8D, 5 Phase.
8. Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
9. Ability to coordinate and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
10. Strong attention to detail
11. Demonstrates urgency and the ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
12. Ability to uphold confidentiality
13. Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
14. Ability to travel and work overtime on short notice to meet customer and plant needs.
Under the general direction of the department manager, the Engineering Coordinator-Quality works independently and is responsible for all Q.A. related activities relative to the development of new and existing products. Flexibility and a willingness to travel on short notice is required. The Engineering Coordinator-Quality works in an office environment but may be exposed to elements such as temperature and noise during time spent in the plant.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Magna International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.