Build a career with one of BC's Top Employers!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Power Engineer to join the BC Housing team on a full-time basis. Based at our Riverview location, you will operate and maintain a central heating plant and related equipment, and also monitor heating and air conditioning systems for various buildings.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Operating and maintaining machinery and equipment such as condensate polisher, chemical pumps, emergency generators and air compressors
- Monitoring all pressure gauges and water levels to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the power plant
- Recording boiler activity and logging changes to equipment
- Performing tests for boiler water and condensate water, and applying chemicals as required
- Monitoring fire and security systems and responding to alarms
- Maintaining, monitoring, and adjusting H.V.A.C., Client Comfort Systems (CCS) and Energy Management Control Systems for various buildings
- Preparing and prioritizing maintenance schedules
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the boiler plant
- Providing input into budget process by recommending purchases
To succeed in this role, you must have a 4th class engineer ticket and be comfortable providing instruction and direction to co-workers and assistants working on machinery and equipment in the heating plant.
If you are a reliable professional with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment this could be the role for you!
Most importantly, we're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need.
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Upon joining BC Housing, you'll be warmly welcomed into oursupportive and collaborative workplace that balances engaging and challenging work with personal downtime and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) and Extended Health and Dental
- Short-term illness and injury plus long-term disability benefits
- Group life insurance and AD&D
- Public Service Pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Canada Savings Bond plan
- Professional training, development and career progression opportunities
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- Three weeks' annual vacation
We're also a social and inclusive team that values open communication and transparency. We ensure that all of our team members have a voice and that their opinions are heard and actioned. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort that our people go to each and every day and we also have Reward and Recognition programs that reward great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas, and positive change.
If you're interested in joining our team, please apply online at www.applyfirst.ca/job84828