Title: Director, Asset Management
Company: BC Rapid Transit Company
Business Address: 6800 14th Avenue, Burnaby, BC V3N 4S7
Location Address: 6800 14th Avenue, Burnaby, BC V3N 4S7
Term: Full-time Permanent Position
Language required to do the work: English
Salary: $120,000 - $172,500 CAD
Benefits: Medical Services, Extended Health, Dental, Public Service Pension Plan, Employee Transit Pass, Optional Group Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Vacation: 15 paid days per year
Reporting to the Vice President, Maintenance, the Director, Asset Management is responsible for ensuring that all maintenance operations are aligned with the strategic and operational requirements of the Maintenance Division. The Director will also coordinate and implement change management practices to successfully integrate asset management initiatives across all BCRTC divisions and departments.
The successful incumbent will participate as a member of the divisional leadership team, supporting the Vice President in development of divisional plans, and sharing accountability for divisional achievements. He/she will also implement a Change Management Plan for BCRTC’s Maintenance Division, utilizing assurance and asset management methodologies in the transition to an Asset Management System.
The Director will have a minimum of ten years’ experience in asset management and change management methodologies, gained within a comparable, complex, rail environment (ideally automated/driverless/light rail). A progressive champion of sustainable best practices, the Director will exercise sound judgment on all issues, and possess the presence, stature and knowledge to earn credibility and build relationships throughout the entire organization.
- Participates as a member of the division leadership team, supporting the Vice President in development of divisional plans, and sharing accountability for divisional achievements. Leads development of departmental goals, objectives, plans and budgets in support of BCRTC’s enterprise strategies and objectives.
- Supports the Vice President by directing translation of endorsed key strategies into operational plans and programs for all reporting areas; establishes targets and measures, making adjustments as necessary to keep achievement of departmental goals and objectives on track.
- Develops and implements a Change Management Plan for BCRTC’s Maintenance Division, utilizing assurance and asset management methodologies in the transition to an Asset Management System. Champions business process change, building and leading an effective transition team and network to support development and implementation of a Change Management Plan and Asset Strategy.
- Responsible for defining future state of asset management practices, and ensures an enterprise view is taken. Accountable for utilizing effective change management to ensure a successful cultural shift from traditional corrective maintenance so that the information generated through technical applications, for the purpose of managing assets and workforce, is integrated and aligned within the EAM system development. Ensures that EAM utilizes assurance and asset management methodologies to maximize the performance of the workforce and assets as well as ensure regulatory compliance for all inspection requirements.
- Oversees the development of associated strategies, such as communication, training and culture change to support implementation of the Asset Change Management Plan.
- Develops competencies for asset management and maintenance staff; as well as, business models and supporting organisational structures to successfully implement asset management.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of new business processes for asset renewal and maintenance regimes to deliver a safe, efficient, reliable and compliant railway. Identifies business impacts and works with leaders to develop plans to minimize disruption to the business.
- Assumes the role of Project Sponsor and has full authority for delivery of major departmental projects and accountability for the effectiveness and efficiency of project delivery.
- Liaises with multiple internal and external stakeholders on all Department-related matters, including delivery of presentations, recommendations and advice to the BCRTC executive team.
- Manages a team of direct reports including selection, development, coaching, performance management and all other people management practices. Also oversees management of all indirect reports, ensuring compliance with regulating policies and practices, codes, standards, and collective agreements.
Education & Experience:
- A professional engineering designation.
- University degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related field of study.
- Minimum of 10+ years of engineering and asset management experience, gained within the rail sector.
- Expert knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, methods and techniques pertaining to asset management implementation within the rail sector (ideally automated/driverless, LRT systems).
- Advanced analytical skills to direct the assessment of infrastructure requirements, interpret results, and identify critical needs and potential exposures.
- Demonstrable leadership, development and team building skills gained in a unionized environment.
- Advanced strategic planning skills to develop both short and long term goals, strategies, plans and tactics. Demonstrable change management leadership skills.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills to address a wide range of very complex technical issues.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, including relationship building, influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution, diplomacy, tact and presentation skills.
How to Apply
This is truly a unique role for the right individual. If you have the proven experience to be successful in establishing this critical role for the region, visit our web site and submit your application to Gordon Andersen or Allison Rzen at http://pfmsearch.com/executive-opportunity/2258/ or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Suite 2020, 1055 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9